Thursday 30 July 2015

Chester Zoo


Chester Zoo! 

So I know it's been forever since I last blogged, but I thought I would come back with some very cute pictures of animals from Chester Zoo! After spending 3 years at Chester University I only visited the zoo once. So one weekend when my sister was visiting, we decided to have a spontaneous trip to visit the little cuties. These are some of my favourite of many many pictures. I also bought a new camera a few months ago, (after I dropped my old one in the sand) so hopefully the pictures from now on will be of better quality. 





I love this picture.  However the monkeys hate it when being looked at as they can sense that it is not their true habitat, and they know that people are staring at them. There were even cracks in the glass where some of them had tried to escape. It was hard to watch them so we didn't spend much time here.



I just love how majestic he looks. Posing for the public in all his beauty. With the recent news of the American dentist killing Cecil the lion it is so hard to understand why anyone would want to harm these magnificent creatures.


This little guy just made me laugh.



Two of these guys were swimming around smiling...so cute!


Some of you may have watched Our Zoo when it was on TV. It was the story of how George Mottershead opened a zoo for the public to visit so that they could see and learn about animals not native to this country. He wanted it to be available to everyone and was met with great scrutiny by the locals at first. This (above) was the original house where the Mottershead's lived and began building their zoo. Below are pictures of his family.









These two rhinos were adorable, they followed each other all over the enclosure and looked as though they were gossiping about all the people coming to see them.



Typical meerkats sleeping and loving one another.


Another one of my favourites is this lovely girl. She was amazing. Such beautiful creatures.




So these were my favourite Chester Zoo pictures. Hopefully I will be blogging a lot more regularly now, especially seeing as I have a few days out planned this week, and a new lovely camera to many wonderful pictures on. 


 Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment